Alright here we go, I have been wanting to do a blog on this topic for time now, but I have just kept putting it off. I think it is important for me to point out that even though I don’t mention any names in this I will be talking about a few people I know. And that if they read this I hope it motivates you to do what you want.
I find that many people have goals or things that they want to do in life, but many of us don’t reach those goals. And those people blame certain things or reasons as to why they don’t reach them. But I am sorry to say they have no one to blame but themselves. And the main reason they don’t achieve these goals is because they are lazy. Now being lazy doesn’t just stop at fitness, cause yes it is the number one reason people are over weight or out of shape. You can’t get fit sitting in the couch playing video games and guess what the same applies to making your dreams come true.
So much talent is wasted because of things like video games and Television. I have more then a few friends that want to make movies or do photography. But lack the drive or self-motivation to do so. And I have no problem helping someone by giving them the opportunity, but I will not to all the work for them. If you want to make a film I will help you with the script and other areas, but don’t expect me to do all the work while you do nothing. At that point it’s not really your film it’s mine. And don’t tell me how to make a low budget film when you yourself have never done it. I have made three and know what you can and can’t do. And the order you should do things in. I wont be a nazi about it, but take from what I have learned and don’t make the mistakes I have in low budget filming, use the KISS method Keep It Simple Stupid. If you want a bar but have no money to rent one, maybe change your script a bit, a house party will work just as well. Way easier to get a friend’s house then it is to shot in a business.
Now one big problem I see that holds everyone back is video game’s. Yeah they are fun and after work but you don’t have to play them all night. Set yourself a time limit play for an hour or two then work on the project you want to work on. Or work on your project first then play your game. The game isn’t going anywhere you can play it at anytime. Your dream won’t be going anywhere ether if you don’t work on it. Things wont just fall into your lap, that doesn’t happen for everyone. It takes time and a lot of trail and error. But if you really want it you should keep at it, you don’t want to look back and regret that you never tried at least. I’d rather try and fail then never try at all, and trying is more then a lot of people do.
Another thing that holds people back is other people. Some people tell you that it will never happen or your dream is stupid. Well a lot of the time these people are just jealous that you have the guts to try while they don’t. Other people might give criticism towards your work. Learn how to take it, sometimes criticism is a good thing it lets you know where you need to improve. Don’t stop or get mad cause someone doesn’t like what your doing. It might not be there style or they don’t understand what you’re trying to do. Now if they are a person with considerable experience in the field you are trying to get into ie) writing, photography, editing, listen to what they have to say, it may sound like they are putting you down but they are trying to help you succeed, odds are they wouldn’t have agreed to look over your project if they didn’t think you could do it.
The main point is don’t get mad and stop trying to reach your dream. Don’t let the little things distract you and keep you from trying. Someone once told me “do something everyday that takes you one step closer to your dream” now at times I have lost sight of that advice but I tell you what it’s true. Do at least one thing a day to help you reach your goal. Now stop reading this and go work your own dream, and I hope you make or at least put in a damn good effort at trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment