Monday, June 20, 2011

Gary's Angels

Hello everyone!

So I was going through my youtube videos and I came across a short I made oh I'd have to say 4 years ago now. This short was made shortly after our film "Inner Thoughts" was canceled. The reason being is because we lost our location. Just a reminder to you all making a short film with no or very little money can be done. Just don't use a store used by a corporation to do it unless you talk to there head office and not the store manager.

Anyway the film I am talking about is called Gary's Angels. It was shot as an informercial you would see on late night tv for sex ads. You know the ones I'm talking about "Call now and talk to local hot girls in your area" one the women in those ads are always hot, two women that hot aren't waiting at home to be called they are out getting hit on by other hot people. So we made this short to make funny of those ads. We made ours about escorts and added a lot of comedy well stuff we thought was funny anyway.

We had to be careful with our casting ad and make sure people knew what they were getting into before they showed up. We stressed that there would be no nudity and I am really happy that even though this is the closest thing I have shot to being porn it's not porn! We caught a little slack due to the content, a rumour went around that we were doing it to only see women walk around lingerie. So not true if I wanted to see that I'd ask my girl friend....well when I have one right now I'm single, but i had one then. Hell we even a guy respond thinking we were an escort company and wanted to know our rates.

Day 1

We started shoot in my friend Rogers computer store Apollo Computers. We did the call centre scene and the testimonials, where your truly makes an appearance. They day went really and I was pretty happy with it.

Day 2
Ah day two was a funny day. Our girls showed up and we even had two extra girls show up. One worked with one of our actresses and she wanted a part in the film, the other was a friend of a friend and she also wanted a part. We also some how got a box of sex toys from somewhere as props. So we started shooting and lunch rolled around and we ordered pizza (I know what a healthy lunch for women) So the pizza guy shows up and of course he comes in and what does he see, girls in skimpy clothes, sex toys and a video camera. You just knew he was thinking we were making a porn. And I went to school with this guy so I know that rumour went around town for sure. Day two went awesome our bouncer didn't show up but I think we covered that scene rather well without him.

Day3

Day three....I don't remember much about day 3 other then we all had fun and said our good byes.

Gary's was a really fun project to work on and everyone seemed to have fun on it. We managed to get a behind the scenes video and a pretty funny blooper reel out of the deal.  And as I am sure you can tell the videos are posted below all three of them. So feel free to check them out and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did working on them.

Christopher Renaud







No comments:

Post a Comment